Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Crunch Time, Hammer Time, Hard Time Blues

Now is when you need to get going on these submissions. You have one(1) week left. 06:23:43:13 left and counting. I know what most of you are thinking to yourselves/saying to your computer screens: I work full time and/or I'm participating in NaNoWriMo. How can I make it in time/do it at all?

You just have to put your social lives on hold. You have to tell your friend or friends that you can't make it to karaoke/movie/quilting/curling night. You don't have time to go to Amsterdam's Shadow Festival. You have a commitment. Not to us, but to yourself. You are a writer and you say this to people you meet. You said it to your federal loans. You might have a piece of paper that states that you are bona fide. You like words. You read. You journal. You blog. You whatever. There is a story* in you or in your drawer and it needs to be on paper. It needs to be in print. It needs to be emailed to us because if it isn't, you're a jerk. It's selfish to hoard your story+ away from the world.

I expect to hear from all of you very, very soon. If I don't hear from you, you make me a liar. Do you want me to be a liar?

-Andreas

*-see also: poem
+-see also: poem

No comments:

Post a Comment